Speedwell Construction Careers
Whether you're thinking about a career in the construction industry or already have a wealth of experience to share, we're always looking for forward-thinking professionals who love to solve problems and provide top-notch service to our customers. While we don't have any open positions at the moment, feel free to send your resume to . You might be just the person we need to round out our growing team!
Manheim, PA Full-Time
Come join Speedwell Construction, a company who was recently named one of Pennsylvania's top 100 Best Places to Work in 2021. Speedwell Construction is a commercial contractor in Lancaster County with approximately 75 employees. Speedwell Construction's focus is to work hard, build excellent relationships, and build projects that satisfy our clients. We are looking for a superintendent who is driven and skilled at putting together successful projects! This superintendent would travel out of state.
Full time employees are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package.
A Field Superintendent typically has a minimum of 2 years of experience in a managerial role on some type of construction project. These projects may range in cost from $500,000 to 30 million or more. They will provide on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating multiple subcontractors, material, and equipment while also ensuring that all construction documents are followed, and work is proceeding efficiently and on schedule. They also mentor, lead, motivate, and teach field personnel.
- Schedule and sequence subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors in an overlapping fashion in order to reach superior levels of efficiency
- Offer input on a Microsoft Project Schedule during the pre-con process and the critical path of the project
- Produce and execute a three-week schedule
- Schedule and coordinate all required inspections, including those required for our sub-contractors when needed
- Ensure that each subcontractor is conforming with the contract documents, industry standards, manufacturers specifications and the owner's expectations
- Understand both the site layout and typical building layout procedures
- Lead subcontractor meetings when required
- Perform quality control checks to verify that the work in place meets the expectations of Speedwell, the design team, local municipalities, and the owner
- Identify conflicts and issues in the construction process and communicate them to the project team for resolution
- Communicate with the project team regarding Submittals, Shop drawings, Change Orders, and Requests for Information (RFI'S)
- Maintain a consistent daily log of activities on the jobsite through the daily reporting software
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication with industry partners such as customers, engineers, architects, inspectors, sub-contractors, and fellow employees
- Maintain a clean and organized jobsite
- Identify all forms of site safety and hold all subcontractors and other personnel to the OSHA standards and Speedwell Safety Standards
- Develop, manage and complete a punch list with extreme attention to detail and the utmost speed
- Able to put work in place if the situation requires
- Mentor less experienced Speedwell field personnel as needed
*Speedwell Construction is committed to ensuring that it has verified the employment eligibility of its workforce. To that end, Speedwell Construction is an E-Verify Employer. All new hires are required to participate in the program.Apply for Position